At Dr Wayne Cottrell we aim to provide, accessible, informative and professional healthcare and we always want our patients to feel happy, comfortable, supported and well cared for. However, we do recognise that, sometimes patients or relatives may have concerns or a complaint which need to be addressed. The procedure outlined in this document outlines the steps to be taken in the event of a formal complaint.
In conclusion, the member of staff dealing with the initial complaint will take all the details of the complaint. The complaint will then be dealt with by the practice manager and any members of staff / equipment involved will be assessed in order to deal with the complaint appropriately.
Steps to be taken in the event of a complaint
- We encourage the patient to inform the member of staff involved in the incident/ complaint to try and resolve the matter immediately.
- If this doesn’t resolve the matter to your satisfaction please ask speak to the registered manager on the day, either face to face or by telephone. You can also write a letter or email us at email@example.com
- We will endeavour to acknowledge the complaint within 3 working days and the outcome investigated within 10 business days. Please ensure your complaint is taken to the registered manager.
- Any complaints and concerns are dealt with in a professional manner. Without prejudice and with the strictest confidence.
- If you so wish, a meeting can be arranged between the management and the patient. Relatives are welcome to escort you. We aim to resolve the problem accordingly.
- If the patient does not wish to be in attendance, an independent nominated person may be present.
- A report will be filed to conclude details of the meeting. The relevant actions to be taken.
All complaints and outcomes shall be filed for auditing purposes and for reporting to the Care Quality Commission.
Furthermore, if the patient or relative feels that the company’s procedure has failed in addressing their complaint they can contact :
Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne
TEL – 03000616161
(The CQC is the government body who regulates and inspects all clinics)
General Medical Council
350 Euston Road
TEL – 08453373456
Nursing and Midwifery Council
23 Portland Place
TEL – 0207 3339333