Dr Wayne Cottrell is an experienced private GP who’s been based in Canary Wharf London for 10 years. He is fully registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) and the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa).
He is a member of BASHH (British Association for Sexual Health and HIV) and the IDF (Independent Doctors Federation) and the practice is CQC registered. With extensive experience in male and female sexual health, travel health and preventative medicine. As a GP he is very experienced in treating both adults and children.
When you book an appointment with us you can be assured of a discreet, completely confidential professional and high quality service. As the owner and lead GP I make sure that my patients are treated with the respect and involved in decision making. We are a small team and unlike many of the larger clinics in the area where you see a different locum doctor each time (just like in the NHS), you will almost always see myself or one of my trusted long term doctors that I oversee very closely. (Doctify Reviews)
- We are a Private (not NHS) Medical Clinic.
- There is a minimum non refundable £95 fee (£65 for the nurse) for all appointments, apart from vaccination appointments, where the fee is waived.
- Any investigations, referrals and extra services are chargeable.
- No pre registration is needed but we do require ID on the first visit of a child under the age of 18.
Popular Services by your Private GP Canary Wharf
- Walk in/Same day appointment (adults/children/)
- Female Doctor available every Friday morning
- Well-person health screening
- Contraceptive prescriptions / injections (not implants )
- Pregnancy confirmation blood tests (results 4-6 hrs)
- Urinary tract infections test and treat
- Onsite blood tests with same day results (liver , kidney, cholesterol, sugar, thyroid, prostate)
- Cancer screening bloods (prostate, ovarian, breast, bowel, testes)
- Some medication dispensed onsite (no need to queue at pharmacy)
- Ear syringing (please use drops for a week prior to appt)
- Sick notes/Fit to work/Life insurance medicals
- Fit to fly/drive/run/cycle letters
- Specialist referrals (same or next day appointments)
- Self pay local Xray/USS/MRI and CT (same or next day appt)
- Vit B12/Hay fever injections
- Stitch Removal
- Sexual Health Screening and advice (same day results possible/also onsite HIV testing with immediate results)
- LGBTQIA friendly practice
- Pap Smears (female and male)
- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma testing and treatment
- Prostatitis diagnosis and treatment
- HPV Vaccination (Latest vaccine available for adults and children)
- Cryotherapy for Genital warts
- HPV testing
- PREP consultation (Dr Cottrell only, please call clinic to book)
- Reduced cost Friday afternoon Nurse STI clinic (only suitable for asymptomatic STI screening / no examinations will be performed/sample collections only)
- Designated Yellow Fever Centre
- Travel vaccinations (adults and children)
- Antimalarials dispensed onsite
- Children’s vaccinations (Friday afternoon only/ Nurse clinic/please call to book)
- Baby weighing/breastfeeding advice (nurse)
- Referrals to Paediatrician (doctor appointments only)
- Pre employment screens /Visa/ Driver medicals
- Referrals to Occupational health specialists
- Well-man/Well-woman screens
- Corporate packages available for vaccinations for staff travel